Friday, April 11, 2008

Got Art?

So, life has been buzzing with activity lately. I have been having a hard time coping with the frustrations and stress of some of my other classes; HOWEVER (!) my drug of choice lately (phrase often used by my psychology teacher) has been to completely immerse myself into the art world. It seems that the more stressful my life gets in other areas, I focus my attention and frustrations into getting some art done. Currently, I have 5 projects started and in different stages of completion. I also have another 2 GIANT projects in the planning/beginning stage. I am excited though. I've never had so much fun being stressed out. lol.

Projects that are going:
1. Dr. Seuss carved teapot for Mom. Will be glazed, fired, and finished.
2. Cup that will be bisqued and then I'll do some cool design on it.
3. Bottle that will be bisqued and then some cool glaze job.
4. The Funeral March of Marionettes. Creepiest music box ever. Also, disturbingly amusing. Pictures will come when finished
5. Watercolor painting. It's supposedly of a dancer, only it's extremely abstract with some almost unintentional symbolism as well. Something is missing though... don't really know what.

New projects:
1. Painting gnarly hobo teeth and tongue on the dark room door in Mr. G's room. He's already got a face over it, but it doesn't have a mouth. Also, disturbingly amusing.
2. CUBIC FACES!!!! I'm painting a giant mural (taller than I am and almost as wide as I am tall) of faces in the cubist style. I'm excited. :) I talk to the principal on Monday to see about hanging it in the school for an extended period of time.

Yay!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh man, these all sound fabulous! I can't wait to see pictures!!