Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm a big kid now!

So, college. Yup. That thing. It's officially started now. I've met in both of my classes now, and I'm excited. I have English Comp 101 and Ceramics 2. The English class is just another English class, BUT (!!!) the exciting part is that it's only 50 minutes for three days a week (rather than the hour and a half during high school). Don't worry English teachers out there (more specifically my English teacher last year); I do enjoy literature (I am currently reading a Twelfth Night, Major Barbara, Grimm's Fairy Tales, and The Glass Castle), but I'm really not hip on the English part, the learning-how-to-write part. I don't really like essays. I can do them, but I don't like them. This class is going to be a challenge for me because of that. Also, so far I haven't seen anything that indicates that this class will actually be interesting to pay attention in. We'll just have to see.

Now, for the exciting part:
CLAY!!!! Oh beautiful, glorious clay!!! I love this class. It's intense (which will make it challenging), but I'm so excited for this challenge. My mind is already racing with new ideas for projects, figuring out ways to stretch my limits. :) I love the style of the professor, and I'm already making friends in the class. Yay! This is going to be an awesome semester/year. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you Talieh! You're in my thoughts and prayers. :)

I'm not much for essays either - I dislike being told what to write about, or being given a format.

I'm glad you enjoy your art :)

-Cassie

Kate said...

YOU my love, are very amusing.