Friday, November 02, 2007

DONE!!!!!

Senior projects are done for my entire class. I had to present last Tuesday. It was okay.... I was scrambling for time toward the end and made it to 7 minutes. Just enough to get 12 out of 15 points (on that particular part of the rubric). I'm ok with that. I think I spoke fairly well and clearly. It was kind of funny because the guy right after me was also talking about the brain and so he referenced my presentation which actually saved him time (he ended up going over 10 minutes though, and so also got 12 out of 15 points). There are still some classes that have more students to present, but my class is done. I think there might be one more class time that we have to listen to some students from other classes, but I'm not sure. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it anymore, and that very very soon we'll be getting into the good stuff (reading and writing meaningful essays (never really thought I would say that)) (these pictures are the ones I included in my presentation that my teacher really liked)






Okay, since I seem to have some things to say about English I might as well have a new paragraph about it instead of cramming it into parenthesis. Anyway, I'm really excited about this year's English class. I'm really looking forward to reading real books and being able to understand and discuss them. I'm also surprisingly looking forward to the essays. This year the topics for the essays (so far) have been things that are meaningful to me and things I can actually write about. Before this year, I really didn't care about what we had to write, but now I do, and it really makes a difference. I like it.

Other things that are happening.... well.... actually... I'm thinking about getting a job (like a regular one, not just babysitting) because I really need the money. I haven't been getting very many babysitting jobs and the money I make in one night doesn't last very long at all when I'm having to buy things right and left for school and just living. Plus, in babysitting I never have any idea when I will have money. The only thing about getting a regular job is that it will take away my time. That's the biggest problem I have with it (that and the fear of being stuck working with people that drive me insane). My schedule is very spontaneous and on a whim. It seems like having a regular job would seriously strap down my time for things that I want to do. Also, I really like the relationships I've formed with the kids and parents I babysit for. I want to keep that kind of option open, but.... it's difficult to do other things when my only income is so little and far apart. We'll see.

1 comment:

anna said...

1. yay! no more project!!
2. i think the picture with you and kate and all the kids is my favorite one of the four.
3. a real job... i totally understand what you mean about the somewhat unreliable nature of payment in the field of babysitting! yup yup i do! :)