Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Huh? What in the world could be in store for me?!?!

Ok, so to give a bit of back ground:
Alfred University is a very very very prestigious art school in New York. Their top program is ceramics which is exactly what I want to do. When I went to portfolio day, I talked to their representative, and they looked at my portfolio. At the time, I really didn't think they liked it because it only seemed to be negative feedback.... I figured, ok so this is some stuff I can work on...

So, for the shocking part:
I got a letter in the mail from them saying this:

Dear Talieh;
I wanted to thank you for your recent attendance at the National Portfolio Day in Kansas City. When Colleen (the representative) returned to campus she told me you had one of the most impressive portfolio's she had seen. We are very interested in you and hope you will apply to our School of Art and Design.



AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *FREAK OUT!!!!!!*

I MEAN SERIOUSLY!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!

The letter continues in the typical we're giving you info about our school and you're a freshman that is/could be interested. But, that first paragraph.... is..... INSANELY AWESOME!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

Although, there is one downside. This makes things very confusing for me because my mom and I had planned pretty much everything out for the next 5-ish years. The plan was for me to go to St. Louis and get my residency while going to a community college. Then I'd go to the University of Missouri in St. Louis for my bachelor's degree in psychology. So, now, this muddles some things up a bit because it wouldn't be the degree I was planning on (However, it definitely was up there with choices, and I was going to take art classes period no matter what degree would get me a job. Art is far too ingrained in me to stop after high school.). Also, we were planning on me doing service in St. Louis while I was going to school there. I just don't know.... It's very confusing....

2 comments:

Sonja said...

THAT's SO AMAZING! It's ok to change your plans...I've changed mine a couple of times already, and may yet change them again. Good luck with all that!

Anonymous said...

Send in your application.