Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Gypsy Life

So, things have been pretty crazy lately. I've been living out of a suit case, and not because I'm too lazy to unpack. I haven't lived anywhere for more than 2 weeks at a time. I moved on June 29th and haven't really stayed put since. I think it was the day before I moved, I found out that the woman we were planning on me staying with was going to be moving in August, so only living there a month was to be expected. However, two weeks into my stay Nebraska Baha'i School occurred. I went to that especially to see my mom (I was quite homesick at this point because home I knew was no longer actually home). I did get to meet some pretty awesome youth, and reconnect with some equally awesome people too. Plus a refresher on book 5 is always welcome. :) So a few days after I get home from Nebraska I get a call asking if I might be available to house sit. Since the house didn't need much more than for someone to live in it, I accepted. That ends on the third, and then on the 13th I'm moving to yet another house. I guess to sum that up:
Got here.
Was here for two weeks.
Went to Nebraska.
Was back for a few days.
House sitting for a week and a half.
Go back to first house for a few days shy of two weeks.
Move to new house.
All within a month and a half.

I've learned that I am not one to hop around from place to place. Sure, I love traveling, but I want to come back somewhere that I have roots. I like being able to be somewhere long enough to actually know where things go. It's amazing how comforting it is to know where things belong. Right now, I'm subsisting. I really want to be efficient though. However, efficiency comes with time and learning. We'll just see how this all goes.