Sunday, June 22, 2008

6 Days.

I've been having a bit of trouble lately in accepting the fact that I'm leaving Kansas in 6 days. I'm moving to St. Louis, and currently there isn't much of a chance that I'll be living in Kansas again any time soon. I'll be gone for a year for sure, and then who knows where I'll go to college. If I had the opportunity to go anywhere regardless of cost then I'd totally be in New York at Alfred University. It's perfect. But, that also means that I would spend the next 5 years outside of Kansas. I'm having a really hard time in letting go of everything that I know and have become accustomed to. I've been a bit of an emotional roller coaster through this process. On one hand, I'm really excited to go. I'll be in a new place with new people and new things to discover. I'll be able to meet and connect with an innumerable amount of people. Plus, the best reason of all, I'll be serving the Faith. On the other hand, I'm going to be in a place that I am not all that familiar with. Sure, I know some places and some people, but not like I know Wichita. I actually can figure out how to get home without going an hour out of my way in order to do it. I'll also be living pretty much independently. I actually have to be responsible... What? Since when? It's just a crazy frenzy going on right now.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

I can totally understand where you're coming from, especially since I will be in Kansas City in 3 days. I hope we can hang out some this next year since I will be significantly closer to you then ever before! I'm really excited for both of us!