Friday, June 27, 2008

Tomorrow....

The big day.

Moving day.

It might be a while before you hear from me again on here.

Things are a bit rocky with where I'm going to live. I have heard that the woman I'm going to be staying with in St. Louis will be moving, so I'll have to find another place to stay. Luckily, there seems to be an option with this one family that usually takes in foreign exchange students. A huge major plus is that these people have pets. I cannot even describe how much I missed having some kind of pet around last summer. Dogs are the best and cats aren't bad (but I'd take them over having nothing any day). So that's kind of exciting... It'll be interesting to see how all of this pans out when I actually get there.

Another exciting thing about moving to St. Louis is that there is an actual Apple store there! Woot!!! My macbook didn't actually come with iLife and I had called them before, but the technical support had said that they couldn't mail it (and I understand that. Anyone could just call in and say whatever). So finally today I called in and was able to make an appointment to get everything set on my computer. It'll be really nice to have iPhoto and Garageband. I'm super excited about having this computer while I'm there because then we could do some pretty incredible projects for junior youth and children's classes!!! Also, I've been apart of some pretty incredible devotions that would be awesome to record. :) This'll be fun.

I'm more excited today about going... Last night was not a good night. There have been a few times before that I get so anxious that I will get physically sick. Thankfully, it wasn't so bad last night, but it was almost impossible for me to get to sleep. Then when I did, I had some odd dreams that were pretty obviously influenced by how nervous I felt. I have found that when I get particularly nervous I have a dream about me getting married and something goes wrong. In one case I was attacked by my husband-to-be's aunt and 14 year old cousin. They ended up pushing me in front of an industrial van. Last night, I was getting marred but then all of the flowers started to rot whenever I walked by and it smelled really really bad. People actually got up and left because of it. Eventually I was left standing alone with the stench. And as sad as these dreams might sound in hindsight, they really weren't that bad going through them, and I kind of look back at them as pretty comical. In both of them I was wearing really ugly 80's style wedding dresses, and after the fact I realized in my dreams that I didn't actually want to marry the grooms that were there. Who knows what crazy stuff my next nervous-induced dream will bring.

No comments: